Area & State Events
East Central District Horse Show
- Tuesday, July 11, 2017, Douglas County Fairgrounds, Lawrence, KS
- Entry Deadline Thursday, June 15, 2017 ENTRY FORM
- Show Begins: 9:00 a.m.
- Check-in: 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Kansas State Fair - September 8 - 17, 2017, 2000 N Poplar Street, Hutchinson, KS WEBSITE
- 4-H EXHIBITOR HANDBOOK
- Departments that are included: Visual Arts, Clothing and Textiles, Crops Identification, Demonstrations, Dog Show, Energy Management, Entomology, FCS Judging, Fashion Revue, Fiber Arts, Foods - Nutrition, Foods - Preservation, Forestry, Geology, Home Environment, Horticulture**, Horse Show, Photography, Photography Judging, Shooting Sports, Spacetech (Astronomy, Computers, GPS/GIS, Robotics and Rocketry), Wildlife and Woodworking.
- 4-H/FFA EXHIBITOR HANDBOOK
- Departments that are included in the 4-H/FFA Handbook include: Dairy Cattle, Dairy Goats, Horticulture**, Poultry, Poultry Judging, Rabbits, Crops, Sheep, Meat Goats, Beef and Swine.
- 4-H ENTRY COLLECTION SHEET due in the Extension Office by Tuesday, August 8, 2017
- All non-perishable items due in the Extension Office by Wednesday, August 23, 2017.
- All perishable items due in the Extension Office by the following dates and times.
- Ottawa Office: Noon on Thursday, September 7, 2017
- Garnett Office: 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, September 7, 2017
- Lyndon Office: 8:00 a.m. on Friday, September 8th, 2017
- Admission - Daily gate admission tickets are required, Friday, September 8 beginning at 11:00 a.m. through Sunday, September 17 at 6:00 p.m.
- Advance gate tickets & parking hangtags ORDER FORM and payment are due at the Extension Office by Tuesday, August 8, 2017.
- 4-H/FFA Participants (age 9-18) $3.00 in advance
- Child (5 & under) Free
- Child (age 6-12) $4.00 in advance, $6.00 during Fair week
- Adult (13-59) $7.00 in advance, $10.00 during Fair week
- Senior Citizen (60 and over) $4.00 in advance, $6.00 during Fair week
- Advance Discount Gate Admission Tickets are available through Thursday, September 7, at Dillons Stores throughout the state and at the Kansas State Fair Ticket Office 620-669-3618 and at www.kansasstatefair.com.
**Horticulture is listed in both Handbooks and is a 4-H/FFA Department.
Kansas Junior Livestock Show - September 29 - October 1, 2017, Kansas State Fairgrounds, 2000 N. Poplar Street, Hutchinson, KS WEBSITE
Last Call Tagging - Monday, June 12, 2017 from 5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. at the Franklin County Fairgrounds. This tagging will be done for those needing to have meat goats, sheep or swine tagged for the Kansas State Fair and/or the Kansas Junior Livestock Show.
Resources on AVIAN INFLUENZA
Area and State Calendar of Events page
View more events on the Frontier District's Calendar of Events page