Area & State Events
Kansas Water Photo Contest
The Kansas Water Office (KWO) is accepting water photos to be featured at the 2017 Governor's Water Conference in November. The photos need to pertain to water or water use in Kansas. Deadline is October 2, 2017 to enter a maximum of five photos. More info can be found at the KWO WEBSITE.
Kansas State Fair - September 8 - 17, 2017, 2000 N Poplar Street, Hutchinson, KS WEBSITE
- 4-H EXHIBITOR HANDBOOK
- Departments that are included: Visual Arts, Clothing and Textiles, Crops Identification, Demonstrations, Dog Show, Energy Management, Entomology, FCS Judging, Fashion Revue, Fiber Arts, Foods - Nutrition, Foods - Preservation, Forestry, Geology, Home Environment, Horticulture**, Horse Show, Photography, Photography Judging, Shooting Sports, Spacetech (Astronomy, Computers, GPS/GIS, Robotics and Rocketry), Wildlife and Woodworking.
- 4-H/FFA EXHIBITOR HANDBOOK
- Departments that are included in the 4-H/FFA Handbook include: Dairy Cattle, Dairy Goats, Horticulture**, Poultry, Poultry Judging, Rabbits, Crops, Sheep, Meat Goats, Beef and Swine.
- 4-H ENTRY COLLECTION SHEET due in the Extension Office by Tuesday, August 8, 2017.
- All non-perishable items due in the Extension Office by Wednesday, August 23, 2017.
- All perishable items due in the Extension Office by the following dates and times.
- Ottawa Office: Noon on Thursday, September 7, 2017
- Garnett Office: 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, September 7, 2017
- Lyndon Office: 8:00 a.m. on Friday, September 8th, 2017
- Admission - Daily gate admission tickets are required, Friday, September 8 beginning at 11:00 a.m. through Sunday, September 17 at 6:00 p.m.
- Advance gate tickets & parking hangtags ORDER FORM and payment are due at the Extension Office by Tuesday, August 8, 2017.
- 4-H/FFA Participants (age 9-18) $3.00 in advance
- Child (5 & under) Free
- Child (age 6-12) $4.00 in advance, $6.00 during Fair week
- Adult (13-59) $7.00 in advance, $10.00 during Fair week
- Senior Citizen (60 and over) $4.00 in advance, $6.00 during Fair week
- Advance Discount Gate Admission Tickets are available through Thursday, September 7, at Dillons Stores throughout the state and at the Kansas State Fair Ticket Office 620-669-3618 and at www.kansasstatefair.com.
**Horticulture is listed in both Handbooks and is a 4-H/FFA Department.
Kansas Junior Livestock Show - September 29 - October 1, 2017, Kansas State Fairgrounds, 2000 N. Poplar Street, Hutchinson, KS WEBSITE
Last Call Tagging - Monday, June 12, 2017 from 5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. at the Franklin County Fairgrounds. This tagging will be done for those needing to have meat goats, sheep or swine tagged for the Kansas State Fair and/or the Kansas Junior Livestock Show.
Resources on AVIAN INFLUENZA
4-H County Camp at Rock Springs Ranch will be June 16-19, 2018.
Area and State Calendar of Events page
View more events on the Frontier District's Calendar of Events page