Adult Kansas 4-H Volunteer Applicant Steps
- If your family uses the Kansas 4HOnline system at https://v2.4honline.com/ , you already have a family account. Login to your family and add yourself as a new family member if you don’t have an adult profile. If your family has never used 4HOnline, you will need to create a new family account before creating an adult profile for yourself.
- Complete the Kansas 4-H Volunteer Orientation available through Kansas 4HOnline.
- After completing the Kansas 4-H Volunteer Orientation, notify the local Extension Office about completing the Kansas 4-H Volunteer Orientation and schedule an interview appointment.
- Upon completing the Interview, the Extension Office will provide information for the required background checks.
- Local extension office will compile information and submit the applicant’s packet for approval.
- The extension office will send a letter concerning volunteer status and appointment for 4-H work and update status within the Kansas 4-H Online system.
If you have any questions, please contact Juanita Sleichter at 785-229-3520 or email at email@example.com.
- Volunteer Applicant Steps
- 4-H Online Enrollment Guides for Volunteers
- Kansas 4-H Volunteer Code of Conduct
- Volunteer Screening Policy and Procedures (revised 2019)
- Extension Office Steps for Kansas 4-H Volunteer Application
Videos for Orientation
- Video 1: Kansas 4-H Volunteer Orientation Training - Introduction to 4-H Youth Development
As a new volunteer, learning the basics of 4-H Youth Development will help in understanding the bigger picture of the 4-H program
- Video 2: Kansas 4-H Volunteer Orientation Training - Creating Age Appropriate Learning Experiences
Volunteers work with a wide variety of ages of youth. This section covers how to create age appropriate learning experiences.
- Video 3: Kansas 4-H Volunteer Orientation Training - Experiential Learning Process
This section covers important hints on how to teach. “Learning by Doing” is one of the main reasons 4-H has been so widely recognized and respected in the field of informal education.
- Video 4: Kansas 4-H Volunteer Orientation Training - Creating a Safe and Positive Learning Environment
Kansas 4-H Volunteer Orientation Training - Creating a Safe and Positive Learning Environment. As a positive youth development organization, 4-H has an obligation to ensure the safety and well-being of the young people involved. This section covers how to create a safe and positive learning environment.