Franklin County Events & Information
2017 Franklin County Fairs
- Franklin County - July 20 - 23, 2017
The Franklin County Fair Board will purchase t-shirts for the 4-H members. Anyone wishing to purchase a shirt needs to have their order and money turned in to the Extension Office by Friday, July 7, 2017. Youth Small - Youth XL and Adult Small - Adult XL are $10. Adult 2XL and larger are $12. Cash and correct change is preferred. If writing a check, please make payable to Franklin County Ag Society.
- FAIR BOOK
- Fair NEWSLETTER
- Due Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - Entry Forms for Cat, Dog, Hand Pet, Poultry and Rabbit Entry Forms. Conference Judging Registration Forms for Energy Management, Entomology, Forestry, Geology, Home Environment, Misc./Self Determined, Shooting Sports, SpaceTech, Wildlife and Woodworking.
- Fashion Revue REGISTRATION Due Wednesday, June 28, 2017
- Horse Entry FORM Due Wednesday, June 28, 2017
- Livestock Stall RESERVATION Due Wednesday, June 28, 2017
- Mr. and Miss 4-H APPLICATION Due Wednesday, June 28, 2017
- Poultry P-T Testing will be Saturday, June 17, 2017 from 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. at the Franklin County Fairgrounds.
- Weigh-in and tagging for all meat goats, market sheep and market swine will be Monday, May 1, 2017 from 4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. at the Franklin County Fairgrounds.
- Ownership deadline date for all rabbits, fowl, bucket calf and breeding livestock is Monday, May 1, 2017.
- Weigh-in and tagging for market beef will be held Sunday, February 26, 2017 from 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. at Cottonwood Animal Clinic, 3161 Hwy K-68, Ottawa.
- Affidavit of Steer Originality FORM due Monday, May 1, 2017.
Last Call Tagging - Monday, June 12, 2017 from 5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. at the Franklin County Fairgrounds. This tagging will be done for those needing to have meat goats, sheep or swine tagged for the Kansas State Fair and/or the Kansas Junior Livestock Show.
2017 Shooting Sports Meetings SCHEDULE (Updated April 24, 2017)